Come See Us at the New Downtown Walnut Creek Library!
The magnificent new downtown Walnut Creek Library is now open, and we're extremely proud to be there. The library and the City of of Walnut Creek have graciously set aside space for us to use for a permanent display as well as for safe and secure storage of precious historical documents.
The permanent display is located on the far north side of the second floor. It is comprised of three floor-to-ceiling cases situated next to broad windows overlooking Civic Park. The permanent display faces a fireplace and cushioned seats that harken back to those found in the old Carnegie Library. Established in 1916, the Carnegie was the city's second library, realized through the dedicated efforts of the Women's Improvement Club of Walnut Creek, the precursor of today's WCHS.
Our docents are at the library on Wednesdays from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. to interpret the display, field queries about local history, and provide information about the Society's various programs.