Founded in 1967, the Walnut Creek Historical Society is a volunteer-driven organization that works with the community and the City of Walnut Creek to collect, preserve, and interpret local history.
Building community connections and pride, the Historical Society welcomes your support and participation. Members of the Walnut Creek Historical Society receive a number of benefits:
- Informative quarterly newsletter with updates on local history
- Free admission to the Shadelands Ranch Museum
- Access to the museum archives and history room for research
- Invitations to special “member-only” events
- Discounts on items sold at the museum
- Opportunities to work with other community members to preserve our local history and educate the community about our heritage
- Access to use the gazebo, gardens and grounds for private functions
Many members also volunteer their time to support the work of the Historical Society.